[gtkada] pb of undefined symbol in libgtkada.a

sdimer at free.fr sdimer at free.fr
Mon Feb 21 23:12:57 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm new to gtkada and gnat, but I'm quite experienced with GCC.

I have downloaded gnat, gps and gtkada from libre.act-europe.fr, windows
version, I have followed each README I've found and installed everything in my
D:\programmes\gnat.

I have then do a "gnatmake -Pinclude/gtkada/gtkada" in my gtkada directory
(gnat/gtkada). Works fine, no pb.

I have tried, then, to build the helloworld2 example found in
gtkada\share\gtkada\examples\tutorial\helloworld2
Here is the transcript:

D:\Programmes\gnat\gtkada\share\gtkada\examples\tutorial\helloworld2>gnatmake
-Id:\programmes\gnat\gtkada\include\gtkada hello2
gcc -c -Id:\programmes\gnat\gtkada\include\gtkada hello2.adb
gcc -c -Id:\programmes\gnat\gtkada\include\gtkada hello2_package.adb
gnatbind -aO./ -aOd:\programmes\gnat\gtkada\include\gtkada -I- -x hello2.ali
gnatlink hello2.ali
d:\programmes\gnat\gtkada\include\gtkada\\libgtkada.a(misc.o.b)(.text+0x327f):
undefined reference to `SetCursorPos at 8'
gnatlink: cannot call D:\PROGRA~1\gnat\bin\gcc.exe
gnatmake: *** link failed.

It seems the symbol SetCursorPos at 8 is undefined in libgtkada.a (in
gtkada\include\gtkada). Ok, I run a "nm" on it and that's true, the symbol is
undefined in the library (requested by misc.o):

misc.o:
00000000 b .bss
00000000 d .data
00000000 t .text
         U _SetCursorPos at 8
         U __imp___iob
00001ae0 T _ada_adjustment_get_lower
00001af0 T _ada_adjustment_get_upper
00001b00 T _ada_adjustment_set_page_increment

I have not build those library, they were provided as is in the exe package
downloaded from libre.act-europe.fr (gtkada-2.4.0.exe)

Where can I find the missing symbol in order to resolve my link ? Thank you for
your help.

Sebastien