[gtkada] existence of a Gtkada object

André Laurens Andre.Laurens at cnes.fr
Thu Feb 10 14:46:16 CET 2005

Hello,

Is there a way to know, from inside a Gtkada application, whether a
widget, known only by an access value, exists or not?

I'm looking for something like :
function exists (w : widget_access_type) return boolean;

In my mind "exists" means "has been created" by some gtk_new.

On the opposite, "does not exist" means either :

"has never been created", something I can know by testing access_value =
null (even if I don't like such a low level operation)

"has been destroyed", something I don't know how to test, since the
associated pointer is not freed by destroy

Thanks for advice

André