[gtkada] make an app in several languages

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Wed Feb 9 11:06:24 CET 2005

Michael Bode wrote:
> Jacob Sparre Andersen schrieb:

> >I think you're right.  GLADE generates a list of the
> >strings used in a GUI designed with it.  And other
> >strings I usually extract by hand.  It should be possible
> >to write an ASIS based tool that does the job, but I
> >haven't really felt the urge yet.
>
> I think it would be better to write an extractor module
> for xgettext.

You're probably right that it should be made as a module for
xgettext, but ASIS still seems to be the optimal way to
parse Ada source code.

> I might try to do that, but please nobody should hold his
> breath :-)

Meanwhile, here's a _very_ crude hack:

   http://www.sslug.dk/%7Esparre/ada_to_pot.adb

Just give it the names of the Ada source files to scan as
command line arguments.  The POT file will be written to
Standard_Output.

Jacob
--
»By becoming continuous, war has fundamentally changed its character.
 In past ages, a war, almost by definition, was something that sooner