[gtkada] GATE: Internal error.

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Wed Sep 29 16:48:44 CEST 2004

Arnaud Charlet wrote:

> > The problem is resolved now (on my installation).  The
> > problem is that `gate-in.exe` for some reason breaks if
> > the environment variable "TMPDIR" is set.
>
> Well, my guess is that your TMPDIR variable actually
> wasn't set properly (e.g. was containing those extra
> spaces).

That guess happens to be wrong.  Test:

% echo "'${TMPDIR}'"
'/tmp'
%

No spaces.

> AFAICS, there's not much we can do on the GtkAda side to
> prevent this error, since TMPDIR is a standard environment
> variable, used by many applications for creating temp
> files.

Exactly.  And when the variable isn't read correctly, it
gives people who actually use it (like me) problems.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Experience" is what we have that enables us to recognize a
mistake when we make it again.