[gtkada] Loading images from files (non-standard formats)

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Wed Sep 29 14:07:48 CEST 2004

Manuel Op de Coul wrote:

> There are several pixbuf loaders that come with gtk, like
> bmp, gif, pcx, pnm, ras, tga, tiff, xbm, xpm also, but not
> pcb.

That doesn't surprise me.

> So you could use Image Magick to convert your files.

I doubt it.  I think it is practically only Fuji Film that
uses the format.  I had to write my own library to be able
to work on the files outside the programs Fuji Film
delivers.

It is not a big deal (just a hell of a waste of space) to
convert the files to PNG for loading.  I would rather have
some hints on how to write my own loader.  The format is
uncompressed, so it may be possible to do some raw copying
to load the images.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
»I'm perfectly happy with my current delusional system.«
                                           -- Mirabel Tanner