[gtkada] Re: GATE: Internal error.

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Wed Sep 29 10:22:46 CEST 2004

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

> I have "GtkAda-devel-2.2.1-0.fdr.1.rh90" installed on a
> Red Hat 9 system.
>
> Running `gate project1.glade` with the included XML file,
> I just get the error message:
>
> Generating Ada files... Couldn't generate Ada code.
> Exiting.

Some further information:

I tried to run `gate-in.exe` through `strace`.  Here is a
selected part of the output:

----------
write(1, "   Show_All (Window1);\n", 23) = 23
write(1, "   Gtk.Main.Main;\n", 18)     = 18
write(1, "end Window1;\n", 13)          = 13
gettimeofday({1096023795, 421018}, NULL) = 0
getpid()                                = 31570
open("                                                                                                                                                                                                    /tmp/gnat-aJA5nk", O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_EXCL, 0600) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
close(-1)                               = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
getcwd("/data/temp/project1/src", 4096) = 24
open("                                                                                                                                                                                                    /tmp/gnat-aJA5nk", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0666) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("                                                                                                                                                                                                    /tmp/gnat-aJA5nk", 0xbfffa900) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(1, "Exception = ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS.NA"..., 41) = 41
write(1, "GATE: Internal error. Please sen"..., 60) = 60
write(1, "file /u/sparre/temp/project1/pro"..., 97) = 97
unlink("                     ")         = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
exit_group(2)                           = ?
----------

Notice that the program tries to open some files, whose
names begin with a lot of spaces.  I think that is the
problem.  But what is the idea behind those names?

Just to complicate things; for my colleague, things work
fine on the very same system.  But how can the settings on
my account influence the choice of file names in
`gate-in.exe`?

Jacob
 make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the
 deficiencies."                                    -- C. A. R. Hoare