[gtkada] Wicked keyboard behaviour for gtk.extra.sheet

Domingo Fiesta Segura linuxdummybudy at yahoo.es
Mon Sep 27 22:46:00 CEST 2004

Sorry, I forgot to redirect this mail to the list.
------------------------------------

> I've encountered the same behavior when I use it. In my current
> application it is not a show stopper, but I am sure it will
> surprise the user some.

Well, it was a show stopper for me as I rely a lot on in-place cell
editing.

> Nope, you're not the only one. I'd love to see this one fixed. That
> Gtk.Extra.Sheet is a very useful composite widget otherwise.

I've managed to fix it with a dirty workaround. The developers might be
interested. The gtk_sheet_key_press function in src/gtkextra/gtksheet.c
seems to eat up the GDK_SHIFT_MASK so the gtk_item_entry would never
receive that event. Actually I'm not sure if it works that way, but here's
the patch to disable keyboard cell selection (you still have mouse
dragging selection) to let the gtk_item_entry check for Shift key (whose
handling, I think, is inherited from gtk_entry.

I attach the, rather simple, patch. Maybe I should send it to Debian
package mantainer too :-/