[gtkada] the "|" not functioning :-)

danielcheagle at ig.com.br danielcheagle at ig.com.br
Wed Jul 14 02:41:27 CEST 2004

Arnaud Charlet wrote:

>> My code generated by glade-2 is not accepting the simbol "|" for
>>'concatenate'(?) more que one option (to transform in "one unique value"
-->
>>"or" operation?:-) )
>

>Note that this is an Ada question, not a GtkAda question.
>
>I am confused, since you answered the question yourself: the "or" operator
>in Ada is called "or" (how surprising...), and not "|" as in C.
>
>>he ( the compiler:-) 'claim' for a comma (',') instead of "|" because the
>>compiler believe that the other words (shink fill ,etc) are other options
>>and not a operation "or". if I substitute "|" with "or", this compile.
>>that's it:-)
>

>So, why don't you do that ?
>
>Arno

Hi! :-)
the code generated with "gate" have "|" instead of "or" ( "or" is the
correct code)  :-).
because this I am obliged to edit manually the code:-) But after of
"Hundred's of manual editing" ;-) I think :-) ..."this going to
annoying...:-) is better (pleaase!:-) someone correct this in the main code
of GtkAda:-) "
Thank's very very very much:-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[]'s of seven turns,Dani:-)