[gtkada] Administrative: change of behavior of the list

Ludovic Brenta ludovic.brenta at insalien.org
Fri Jan 23 10:03:45 CET 2004

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake at acm.org> writes:

> Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> writes:
>
> > > And with this setting, everybody who takes part in the
> > > discussion is bound to get several copies of the messages
> >
> > There are of course standard ways to eliminate duplicates.
>
> In Emacs Gnus, I can set a group parameter to set the reply address
> independently of what the incoming messages say. Very handy for things
> like this.

I use gnus too, and I don't have to configure anything.  I just hit F
(for "Follow up and yank").  The OP is in the To: field and the list
is in the CC: field, like in this message.

Do you use gnus differently that you had to tweak something?  Perhaps
in order that the OP not receive the reply twice?

> I suggest everyone look in their mail program for a similar feature.
>
> There are problems with mail loops and similar things when the reply
> is to the list.
>
> Leave it the way it is, Arnaud :).

I don't mind either way.  Good tools make such worries unnecessary :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.