[gtkada] problem with GtkAda on Windows.

stasio2000 at tin.it stasio2000 at tin.it
Mon Feb 2 18:58:25 CET 2004

Hi.
I have installed the GNAT compiler for Windows (gnat-3.15p-nt.exe) on Windows
XP, and it works fine.
I have a problem with GtkAda (gtkada-2.2.0.exe).
I louch the executable and unzip it in c:\GtkAda-2.2.0. Then I follow what
the README.GTKADA.txt file says:
1. TO BUILD THE GTKADA LIBRARY (using the GNAT compiler)
- cd c:\GtkAda-2.2.0
- gnatmake -Pinclude/gtkada/gtkada

2. TO USE GTKADA AND COMPILE EXAMPLES:
- gnatmake -Ic:\GtkAda-2.2.0\inlude\gtkada hello.adb

for example, I try and compile the helloworld in the tutorial examples directory.
Apparently it goes well, and the compilation, as described at point 2, produces
my "hello.exe"... but when i try to lounch it I have an Error Dialog from
XP saying that it could not find the entry point png_create_read_struct_2
of the procedure in the libpng.dll dinamic library.

What goes wrong?
Please, if You know how I can work around... let me know.

Thanx a lot for Your time.

Luca { tatanka; } Stasio
/*  stasio2000 at tin.it  */