[gtkada] Newbie question: Glade-2 and child widget access

Leonardo Cecchi leonardoce at interfree.it
Fri Dec 31 10:28:10 CET 2004

Arno, thanks for the reply.

I'm probably doing something wrong with Glade-2 because if I fill the "Object" field in the signal settings gate generate "wrong" ada code that can not compile.
For example if I fill the "Object" field with the name of my Gtk_Window (Main_Window) the gate-generated code connect the event handler with:

Button_Callback.Object_Connect
     (Main_Window.Button1, "activate",
      Button_Callback.To_Marshaller (On_Button1_Activate'Access), Main_Window, False);

which is wrong because you can't use Button_Callback with Main_Window and gnat compiler raise an error.
In fact in the gvd sources I found code like this:

Widget_Callback.Object_Connect
     (Breakpoints.Subprogram_Selected, "toggled",
      Widget_Callback.To_Marshaller (On_Subprogam_Selected_Toggled'Access), Breakpoints);

I can't try generating code from gvd because glade and gate raises a parsing error (and the gladep file is missing).... perhaps is generated with a different version of glade/gate?
I'm using:

Glade-2 version 2.0.1
GtkAda version 2.4.0
Gnat version 3.15p-r3