[gtkada] Newbie question: Glade-2 and child widget access

Leonardo Cecchi leonardoce at interfree.it
Thu Dec 30 17:57:48 CET 2004

I had no luck with Get_Ancestror.....
I tried using Get_Parent and I discovered that the widget tags tree is like this:
On the menu_item:

(Toplevel) GTK.WINDOW.GTK_WINDOW_RECORD
parent of GTK.MENU.GTK_MENU_RECORD
parent of GTK.IMAGE_MENU_ITEM.GTK_IMAGE_MENU_ITEM_RECORD

On the button:

(Toplevel) FINESTRA_PRINCIPALE_PKG.FINESTRA_PRINCIPALE_RECORD
parent of GTK.BOX.GTK_BOX_RECORD
parent of GTK.BUTTON.GTK_BUTTON_RECORD

The tree of the button is what I have in the .glade XML file.
I don't know where the tree of the menu_item comes from.

In my little window I have:
1 - some image_menu_item in a  menubar
2 - a textview in a scrolled window
3 - a button
all inside a VBox.

The interface is like a tipical file editor plus a button on the bottom: I think I don't have any duplicated menubars...

Thanks,

Leonardo