[gtkada] gtkada 2.2.1 on mac os x

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Tue Dec 21 04:14:15 CET 2004

Le lundi, 6 déc 2004, à 11:10 Europe/Paris, Nicolas Setton a écrit :

>> then, running the gtkada sample :
>> testgtk/testgtk
>> raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : gtk-handlers.adb:1368 access parameter is
>> null
>>
>> in fact, some prgms can not compile, some can compile but can not
>> launch (testgtk), some can launch but can not do everything they
>> should
>
> From my experience, this happens when you compile the gtk+ files with
> the gcc 3.3 backend (which comes with Panther), and you compile GtkAda
> with a gcc-34-based compiler.
>
> I suggest you try installing Jim Hopper's 3.3-based gcc (available on
> macada.org) to build GtkAda.
>
> This should work ;-)

ok, with GNATLS 3.3 20040913 i can run the testgtkada :-)

but i can't still run all the tests,
for example
GtkAda/examples/handlers/general_tips.adb
or GtkAda/examples/handlers/specific_tips.adb
which makes a constraint error,
and GtkAda/examples/editor/gladeedit.adb which makes a gnat bug detected

well, i think i can begin to work with this, and that's a lot :-))

but, i've noticed 4 bugs in the mac os x 10.2 compiler, which are no
longer in GNATLS 3.4.4, but still in GNATLS 3.3
do you think that gtkada could work with gnat 3.4.4 soon ? :-)

btw do you want to know what are the bugs ?