[gtkada] Knowledge transfer Gtkada/Gtkmm: TreeView problem

Markus Gerwinski markus at gerwinski.de
Tue Sep 30 12:24:44 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a question to the developers of Gtkada how they managed to implement a
certain feature of the TreeView.

I am currently working on a project with C++ and Gtkmm. In this project, the
requirement came up that the TreeView should look more "Windows-like", i.e.
with "+/-" signs as expander symbols (instead of the GTK+ default arrows),
lines between connected nodes etc.. I didn't yet find out how to implement this
with Gtkmm. However, I saw the screenshots on the Gtkada website showing a
TreeView with exactly the required look-and-feel.

Since Gtkada and Gtkmm are both based on Gtk+, this indicates to me it must be
possible also with Gtkmm. So I wanted to ask the Gtkada developers: How did you
do it? Are there functions in the GTK+ TreeView API providing a standard way to
change the look-and-feel? Or did the Gtkada TreeView require
modifications/extensions to the GTK+ C code?

I'll be grateful for any advice.

Regards,

  Markus Gerwinski