[gtkada] Gtk.Pixmap to Gtk.Image?

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Thu Sep 11 19:04:32 CEST 2003

> I can answer that myself now, it's done via a Gdk_Pixbuf:
>
> The_Image := Gtk.Image.Gtk_New(Gdk.Pixbuf.Gdk_New_From_Xpm_Data
> (Xpm_Array));
>
> However I don't understand why in the spec of Gtk.Image is said that
> an obsolete Gtk_Pixmap should be used. Probably an oversight. Arnaud?

I am not sure to understand what you want to do.

If you want to create an image, then you can use other preferred means than
xpm (e.g. pixbuf), this is what the 'obsolete' message means here: you
should use pixbuf instead of pixmap whenever possible, since most new gtk
API take pixbufs anyway (e.g. Text_View, Tree_View).

Arno