[gtkada] controlling windows displaying

André LAURENS Andre.Laurens at cnes.fr
Wed Oct 1 10:48:48 CEST 2003

Hello,

As a beginner in gtkada applications developpement, there are some things I do
not understand in controlling the exact moment when a window is displayed.

In a subprogram that looks like :

procedure my_subprogram is
begin
	show_all (my_window);
	gtk.gentry.set_text (my_window.some_widget); -- 1st part
	do_some_calculation;
	gtk.gentry.set_text (my_window.another_widget); -- 2nd part
	gtk.gentry.set_text (my_window.some_other_widget);
end my_subprogram; -- hide (my_window) is achieved elsewhere

it seems that my_window is displayed only when my_subprogram ends, or - more
precisely - when some window (my_window or any modal dialog) is displayed.

I would like to have the window and the 1st part information displayed during
the calculation, and the 2nd part fields updated after the calculation is
achieved. What did I do wrong?

Note that it not a multitasking application and this happens on a Linux
platform. I ran the same code on a Windows PC, and the behaviour is a little
different : only the window background is displayed.

Thanks in advance for your help

--

André LAURENS
Division Ballons - Nacelles Pointées