[gtkada] portability of gtk

chris.danx chris.danx at ntlworld.com
Wed May 7 13:37:21 CEST 2003

Thomas De Contes wrote:
> hi everybody :-)
>
> for a work experience, i have to make a program which is portable on a
> maximum of different OS
> on the french ada list, men told me that gtk was a good solution, but
> need confirmation
>
> so can you confirm that gtk runs on all windows and on all unixes, please ?

There is a discussion on the gtk+ list about Gtks portability.  They
reckon 2.2xx runs fine on windows and 2.0xx doesn't.  So if you're gonna
build gtkada for windows it might be a good idea to use gtk 2.2 not 2.0
and build gtkada on top of that.  I can't say for sure that it will work
on windows, someone else will probably know, but it worked fine on Linux
  with the cvs version of gtkada.

Chris