[gtkada] UTF-8 in GtkAda 2.0

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Wed Mar 26 17:32:00 CET 2003

Manuel Op de Coul wrote:

> >Then GtkAda shouldn't use the type Ada.String since it by
> >definition is encoded in ISO-8859-1.
>
> The LRM says it's "based on" the ISO-8859-1 character set.
> It doesn't forbid other encodings.

This is not how I read LRM 3.5.2(2-3):

   http://www.adapower.com/rm95/arm95_46.html#SEC46

But I suppose I will just have to maintain my own version of
GtkAda (or binding to GtkAda), if the GtkAda maintainers
really disagree with my interpretation of the LRM.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate
 agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the