[gtkada] Gtk_Text and tasking

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Sat Mar 15 11:17:52 CET 2003

Rob Groen <robgr at xs4all.nl> wrote on 15/03/2003 (10:38) :
> Hi

> I want to use a Gtk_Text object to collect status messages generated
> by several tasks in my app. I initialize the threading in my main proc
> and use enter/leave before and after gtk.main.main.  In a logger task
> the gtk.text.insert is also protected by enter/leave.  However,
> calling the logger task freezes the program.  I'm using Gtkada 1.3.12,
> the Win32 port on WindowsNT Is this a bug (and then hopefully solved
> in 2.0) or intended to work this way?

Have a look at my tiny program (toy) here:

   http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95/Klokka/

The source code is available on the web-page. Check if doing it
more in this fasion can solve your problem. If it does let me know.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»