[gtkada] Using tabulator-key on a table of entries looses focus

Martin Klaiber martinkl at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 12 10:07:21 CET 2003

Preben Randhol <randhol at pvv.org> wrote:

> Depends what you need. The Tab key is used to jump from one
> button/entry/spin-button/menu/etc... to the next. But I don't quite
> understand what is the problem here? That it doesn't get back ?

Yes. What I have is a structure like that: A table containing n
entries, packed into a notebook, packed into a window together with
some buttons.

  ____________________________________
 |  ________ ________                 |
 | | Label1 | Label2 |                |
 | ---------------------------------- |
 || Some Text :           [ Entry1 ] ||
 || More Text :           [ Entry2 ] ||
 || ...                              ||
 || ...                              ||
 || ...                              ||
 || ...                   [Entry(n)] ||
 ||__________________________________||
 |                                    |
 |                <Button1> <Button2> |

When I click on the first entry and press the tab-key then, the focus
jumps to the next entry (as expected). When it reached the last entry,
the focus jumps to the two buttons, then to the two labels, but then it
doesn't go to the first entry again. Instead, it goes directly to the
two buttons, then again to the labels, the buttons, and so on. So, I
can't reach the entries again, when using the tab-key. Is this normal,
or is something wrong with my code?

Thanks,
Martin