[gtkada] portability of gtk

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Fri Jun 6 01:24:28 CEST 2003

Le vendredi, 6 juin 2003, à 00:22 Europe/Paris, Joel Brobecker a écrit :

>> for a work experience, i have to make a program which is portable on a
>> maximum of different OS
>> on the french ada list, men told me that gtk
>> was a good solution, but need confirmation
>>
>> so can you confirm that gtk runs on all windows and on all unixes,
>> please ?
>
> I think you'll find a lot of information on the GtkAda web page:
> http://libre.act-europe.fr/GtkAda/

i just red it :o)
in any case thank you for your answer :-)

i've found :

"We have been able to test GtkAda 1.2 it on the following machines.
Please let us know if you can use it/port it to other machines. As far
as we know, it should work on every target supported by both Gnat and
Gtk.

• GNU/Linux x86
• GNU/Linux sparc
• GNU/Linux powerpc
• Solaris sparc
• Solaris x86
• Tru64
• SGI IRIX 6.5
• HPUX
• NT 4.0
• Windows 2000
• AiX 4.3.2
• FreeBSD 3.2
• UnixWare 7.1
"

but i would be happy having more precisions :-)

so : is there an OS which is known for having gtk not working properly,
or so, preventing the use of gtkada ?
(it's annoying above all if it's any unix or version of windows)