[gtkada] Tasking and GtkAda

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Wed Jul 30 10:45:44 CEST 2003

Manuel Op de Coul <manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com> wrote on 30/07/2003 (10:38) :

> Preben wrote:
> >What are you doing and how do you do it?
>
> Just initialising gdk.threads and then call gdk.threads.enter
> after gtk.main.init.
> In the mean time I found out that the big slowdown happens under
> Windows ME, but not Windows 2000 and also not Linux.
> Did anyone experience this too?

I have also problems with GtkAda and Ada Tasks in GtkAda 2.2.0. But at
the moment I have no time to investigate it. My clock (klokka) will run
fine for some time, but then say some hours later it suddenly updates
only every 10 seconds and it in the stops working. I'm not sure why this
is happening.

If you want to have a look at how I do it you can find the source here:

http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95/Klokka/Klokka2.zip

(NB: There is no link from the homepage yet so make sure you get the
Klokka2.zip file and not the old Klokka.zip)

--
Preben Randhol -------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95 --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»