[gtkada] Compiling for GtkAda-1.x and GtkAda-2.x

Ludovic Brenta ludovic.brenta at insalien.org
Tue Jul 29 20:45:28 CEST 2003

Martin Klaiber <martinkl at zedat.fu-berlin.de> writes:

> "Marc A. Criley" <mcq95 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Is using static linking of GtkAda a possibility?
>
> Not really, as the code is open-source.  So itself should be compatible
> for both versions.
>
> Perhaps it works, if I install the versions in different directories,
> put both dirs in the PATH and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I'll try that out.

In packaging GtkAda 2.2.0 for Debian, I'm making sure both versions
can coexist,; and I'm renaming "gtkada-config" to "gtkada2-config".
So, at least when building, you'd just change your Makefile to use one
version or the other.

This is also possible if you configure two versions of GtkAda with
different prefixes, and then use the full path to "gtkada-config".

--
Ludovic Brenta.