[gtkada] Tasking and GtkAda

Manuel Op de Coul manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Mon Jul 28 22:13:21 CEST 2003

When I do this according to the book, the application
becomes a whole lot slower.

Most of the time I don't need it however, in only a
few functions a task is used and there is one operating
system callback that also updates the display under
some special circumstance.

So I would like to know, is there a trick to switch
glib threading support on and off? Like quitting
the main event loop, switching threading on, starting the
main event loop again? But I don't see anything to
de-initialise the threading support.

When I use multitasking without the locking, only very
rarely things go wrong, so for me the disadvantages seem
to outweigh the benefits.

Thanks,

Manuel