[gtkada] GTKAda install problem on RH 9

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Thu Jul 17 16:03:00 CEST 2003

That's a known incompatiblity in the glib header file with GCC 2.8.1

You have two cleaner solutions, in addition to the methods suggested by
others:

- configure with GNAT in front of your path, and specifying the C compiler
  explicitely: CC=/usr/bin/gcc ./configure ...

- or modify/fix the file /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h to properly
  support GCC 2.8.1, by applying the following trivial change:

*** glibconfig.h.old        Wed Aug 14 04:11:04 2002
--- glibconfig.h       Thu Jul 17 15:59:40 2003
***************
*** 99,105 ****
   * is passed ISO vararg support is turned off, and there is no work
   * around to turn it on, so we unconditionally turn it off.
   */
! #if __GNUC__ == 2 && __GNUC_MINOR__ == 95
  #  undef G_HAVE_ISO_VARARGS
  #endif

--- 99,105 ----
   * is passed ISO vararg support is turned off, and there is no work
   * around to turn it on, so we unconditionally turn it off.

   */
! #if __GNUC__ == 2
  #  undef G_HAVE_ISO_VARARGS
  #endif

And yes, please people do not quote entire messages, this is very unfriendly.

Arno