[gtkada] GDK 2.2.0 and Event Handling

mrada mrada at catalina-inter.net
Tue Jul 15 15:44:10 CEST 2003

>On 15 Jul 2003 13:47:12  0200 Emmanuel Briot <briot at act-europe.fr> wrote.
>On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 13:42, Chris Sparks wrote:
>> I noticed that our API doesn't have these routines in the GDK area, why
>> is this?
>
>Because most of these are really low-level functions, and
>nobody has had any use for these so far when using GtkAda.
>
>We have no objection to incorporating such APIs, but this needs proper
>documentation, which is generally what takes the longest time.

I have always used GDK solely in the past and I prefer to use the low-level
functions.  I haven't programmed with GTK so I guess what I need to do is
figure out which interfaces are not included with 2.2.0 and supplement as
appropriate.  So which documentation are you referring to?  From what I
have seen, documentation is pretty minimalistic.  Heck even the GNOME
website has minimalistic documentation!

Chris