[gtkada] Some bugs in 2.2.0 (win32)?

Emmanuel Briot briot at act-europe.fr
Tue Jul 8 18:02:03 CEST 2003

> type Mdi_Frame_Record is new Gtk_Window_Record with record
>      Button2 : Button;
>                ^^^^^^
>
> It doesn't compile unless you change Button to Gtk_Button.

How is that a bug ? There is no type by the name "Button". There is a
package Gtk.Button, that's it. Have a look at some Ada book if you need
more information (this seems like the typical error mixing up things
between packages and tagged types).

> Toolbar initialization code:
>
> Gtk_New (Mdi_Frame.Toolbar1, Orientation_Horizontal, Toolbar_Both_Horiz);
>                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> That Gtk_Toolbar_Style doesn't exist.

Are you trying to invent new types and hope the compile will magically
guess what it is you want ? Check the declaration of Gtk_Toolbar_Style
in gtk-enums.ads

> --  WARNING: Unsupported widget button (Clear_Events)
>    Gtk_New (Tooltips);
>    Set_Tip (Tooltips, Mdi_Frame.Clear_Events, -"Clear event history");
>
> Execution fails when Set_Tip reached because the button access
> (Clear_Events) is null.

Right, nobody will create it for you if you haven't created it yourself.

> Are these bugs or have I some misconfiguration?

Definite bugs in your program.