[gtkada] GtkAda, Glade/Gate-Problem on Linux

Andreas Mueller Andreas_W_Mueller at gmx.net
Wed Jan 29 00:13:24 CET 2003

Hi!

I'm new to this list and I've been told that someone here could help me with
issues like this...

I'm using GtkAda on SuSe Linux Pro 8.0 (just experimenting so far) and
although I have diff and patch installed and working, I can't modify the GUI
in Glade and generate new files with gate without losing all changes to the
previously Glade-generated files. E.g. if I modify the callback for a button,
reopen the project in Glade, add another button and invoke Gate to have the
button added, the modified callback always consists of just a null-Statement
and my modifications are gone. So what is going wrong there? Why don't diff
and patch work (the respective files always have size 0, the
procedures/functions in the files in the .gate-directory are identical (null)
to the ones in the original source directory)?

BTW, what is the gate-in.exe file for??

Thanks for your help
Andreas