[gtkada] Building GtkAda with gcc 3.2

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Fri Feb 21 15:07:20 CET 2003

Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 21/02/2003 (08:23) :

> Are people annoyed by less frequent GtkAda releases (given that the CVS
> is accessible directly), or are the current things ok ?

The problem with CVS is that one cannot make libraries from it. I mean
for distribution. I would like to convert to GtkAda 2.0, but at the
moment there is neither libraries for Linux nor Windows available. This
makes things harder. I don't want to compile every app static bcs I have
CVS version X the one day and Y the other.

CVS is fine for bleeding-edge development versions, but not as a source
of stable versions.

> I guess people are more annoyed at not having Windows binaries than not
> having more frequent releases :-)

I'm not annoyed, but it would make life sooo much easier if there were
Windows binaries for GtkAda 2.0. I could get my program to work in
windows then. At the moment I can only use it in Linux bcs GtkAda for
Windows only takes a subset of the ASCII table which is hopeless for all
other than die-hard Anglophiles :-) But I guess one needs Gnat 3.2 in
Windows to manage to compile it?

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»