[gtkada] gtkada error after installation

daniel.gaudry daniel.gaudry at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 31 18:16:43 CEST 2003

--
Daniel Gaudry Ph. D.
9 Avenue Calmels
92270 Bois Colombes
 06 64 19 50 09
 01 47 86 23 34

Dear Sir,

I loaded and installed the gtkada and noticed the following :

a Duplicate set of gcc, gnatmake, gnatlink .. was put in /usr/bin

what is the purpose of such a duplication as the gnat compiler was already
installed and running fine

All attemps to compile and link the examples failed as follows :

gnatbind -aO./ -aO/home/dg/gtkada/include/gtkada -I- -x gladeedit.ali
fatal error: file gtk.ali is incorrectly formatted
make sure you are using consistent versions of gcc/gnatbind
3.

gnatmake: *** bind failed.

Any hint

Please do reply to me as I am not on the list
Best Regards
D.Gaudry