[gtkada] GtkAda 2.2.0 for Debian

Ludovic Brenta ludovic.brenta at insalien.org
Fri Aug 1 18:44:30 CEST 2003

Folks,

I have uploaded my second attempt at packaging GtkAda 2.2.0 for Debian
GNU/Linux.  This is libgtkada2-2.2.0-2; there are several changes
relative to 2.2.0-1:

* /usr/bin/gate2, dgate2, gtkada2-config, generate2.pl, and gate2-in.exe
* /usr/lib/gtkada2/*.ad[bs]

* A new package libgtkada2-doc contains
  /usr/share/doc/libgtkada2/*
  /usr/share/info/gtkada2_rm.info.gz
  /usr/share/info/gtkada2_ug.info-*.gz

* The files that were missing in /usr/include/gtkada2 are there now.

* libgtkada2-dev no longer depends on the shared libraries; it just
  Recommends them.  This is because -dev contains the static libraries
  and is therefore sufficient, by itself, for building applications.
  Please tell me if that's fine with you.

* All packages are now in the appropriate sections (libdevel, doc, or
  libs)

I think this package is now usable; I have built testgtk using it and
it works.  The one caveat is that your build scripts must use
gtkada2-config, not gtkada-config; this is so that you can have both
1.2 and 2.2 installed on your system.

To get this package:

deb http://users.skynet.be/ludovic.brenta testing main
deb-src http://users.skynet.be/ludovic.brenta testing main

apt-get update
apt-get install libgtkada2-dev libgtkada2-0 libgtkada2-gl libgtkada2-gnome \
   libgtkada2-glade libgtkada2-doc

You can also "apt-get source libgtkada2".

(better to do this with aptitude, though)

Enjoy!

--
Ludovic Brenta.