[gtkada] Gnat switches and developing GtkAda

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Mon Apr 28 10:05:44 CEST 2003

Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 28/04/2003 (09:53) :
> These switches are indeed not available in 3.15. You can remove them,
> they are just giving a few additional warnings.
>
> The important flag is -gnatg which will catch most issues.

Unfortunately -gnatg gives this result with Gnat 3.14:

   gtkada-mdi.adb:776:07: warning: unrecognized pragma "Unreferenced"
   gnatmake: "../gtkada-mdi.adb" compilation error
   make: *** [lib-obj/make_gtk.o] Error 4

`-gnatg'
     Internal GNAT implementation mode. This should not be used for
     applications programs, it is intended only for use by the compiler
     and its run-time library. For documentation, see the GNAT sources.

I'll continue with Gnat 3.14p as this is the only compiler that works
for me at the moment, and then I'll switch to gcc-gnat 3.3 or similar
and compile with as many of the flags available to remove errors before
submitting patches.

--
Preben Randhol -------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95 --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»