[gtkada] TR: gate for GtkAda 2.0.0

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Fri Apr 11 10:48:22 CEST 2003

Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 11/04/2003 (10:25) :
> > >   - or generate a code similar to the one we currently have, with
> > >   explicit calls to subprograms whenever possible.
> >
> > I guess this would be best, but perhaps it is best to use the
> > Set_Property as a start in order to get a gate2 working fast and
> > then one can use the time to think how one best implement a more
> > optimised solution like this?
>
> Actually I think for generated code, using properties seems very
> appropriate.  The performance penalty is unlikely to be an issue
> here.

I will follow the gate as it is and make as few changes as needed and
use set_properties now for that which isn't already suppported. But I
haven't gotten very deep into the code yet (mainly looked at Print_Var
first) so if I see that it becomes messy I'll use set_properties for
all.

Gnathtml is your friend when navigating source code :-)
--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»