Hard wiring? was Re: [gtkada] GtkAda 2.0 on Linux: build problem

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Tue Sep 10 23:24:33 CEST 2002

> Is the location it expects gnatmake hardwired into the configure script?
>   If so what can I do to tell it where it really is?

It's not hardwired: it can be anywhere, and there's no /usr/bin knowledge at
all.

The configure script is simply checking whether 'gnatmake' (wherever it is on
the PATH) works properly.

Now, if gnatmake is not on your path, or doesn't work properly, then configure
is simply doing it's job by not allowing you to try getting further.

Arno