[gtkada] Notebook question

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Tue Oct 8 11:31:51 CEST 2002

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com wrote on 08/10/2002 (11:20) :

> Thanks for the help. I was trying to stick a GtkText in the
> notebook page that is visible, catching "switch_page" events to
> move it, but this was too difficult. It seemed the Notebook
> wasn't designed to be used like this. When there's no widget
> in a page, the tab disappears, even if there's a label on it.
> Another annoying thing was that Set_Page can't be used if
> the notebook isn't shown yet.
> So yes I could use a container perhaps, but it was simpler to
> create an array of different GtkTexts for the pages.

Huh? I don't understand at all. Why don't you put a some Vbox in the
page? You will need it anyway to pack your widgets.

> I thought I could save some resources this way, but if one
> has to maintain dummy widgets to keep the tabs visible, it's
> no use.

You don't save much by not adding a vbox/hbox. You waste far more by
adding 10 identical Text widgets I would think.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»