[gtkada] key_release_event

Stephen Leake stephen_leake at acm.org
Sun Nov 3 16:12:02 CET 2002

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com writes:

> Yes, I tried it and it didn't work. I wanted to be
> able to play tones with the keyboard so I used both the
> key press and key release, but releases were not signalled.
> For only to handle Enter presses, use the "activate" signal.

Ok, that works.

I suspect my "key_release_event" handler is not getting added before
the Editable handler; I'll have to read up on that more.

> Then you don't need to compare the key value. If you need to respond
> to more keys instead, you should use the "key_press_event". I hope
> it gets fixed with 2.2.

In GtkAda 2.0, "activate" is not listed in Gtk.Editable as a signal.
It is listed in Gtk.Widget, but not as a widget signal, only as a
result of calling the Activate procedure. Not clear what that means!

--
-- Stephe