[gtkada] gtk.list

Stephen Leake stephen_leake at acm.org
Fri May 31 02:18:18 CEST 2002

Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> writes:

> > Is this "obsolete" in the Ada annex J sense? Meaning Gtk.List will
> > always be there, so I can use it. But some people think I shouldn't.
>
> It you're talking about annex J, then you should use "obsolescent", which is
> indeed quite different.

Yes, that is the right term.

> It is obsolete in the Gtk+ sense, meaning that you should stop using
> it, because it is considered obsolete (and not obsolescent), and
> probably even broken, and therefore will disappear in the future.

Ok.

Although GtkAda-2.0.0/docs/2.0-transition says Gtk.List is
"deprecated", so we have yet another term to define :).

I'm on Windows, and I'm not up to helping port GtkAda 2.0.0. Tree_View
is not in GtkAda 1.3.12, and all of the recommended alternatives to
Gtk.List are also deprecated in 2.0. So I'll stick with Gtk.List for
now, and change it when I upgrade to GtkAda 2.0.

--
-- Stephe