[gtkada] configuration files

Stephen Leake stephen_leake at acm.org
Wed May 29 02:58:37 CEST 2002

Aidan Skinner <aidan at velvet.net> writes:

> GNOME has a configuration database based around GConf
> (http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/),

This looks a lot like the Windows registry. That's good for some
things, like GUI look-n-feel. But it's not what I'm after at the
moment (Windows ini files are just about perfect). I think we need
both.

> I'm vaugely working on bindings to it in my CopiousFreeTime(tm)[1].

I know the feeling :).

> I don't really think GTK is the right place for it, since it's a GUI
> toolkit.

I agree GNOME is a better home for this sort of thing. However, there
does not seem to be an actual GNOME/Ada; or am I missing something?

--
-- Stephe