[gtkada] gtk.list

Stephen Leake stephen_leake at acm.org
Wed May 29 01:55:23 CEST 2002

Preben Randhol <randhol at pvv.org> writes:

> Stephen Leake <stephen_leake at acm.org> wrote on 28/05/2002 (11:45) :
> > I just figured out how to use a gtk list, and I have a suggestion.
>
> Isn't this package semi-obsolete now and obsolete in GtkAda 2.0 ? I was
> always told to use Clist over List.

Well, neither GtkAda-1.3.2/src/gtk-list.ads nor
GtkAda-2.0.0/src/gtk-list.ads have any comments about being
"obsolete". How else would I know?

Clist is certainly more powerful than list. I assume it's code is also
larger, and probably slower. So if all I need is a List, I'll use
that!

Also, I don't see how to put arbitrary widgets into a Clist; there is
no "Set_Widget" function.

On the other hand, the Clist interface does resolve my objection to
the List interface; it is clear what type of objects can be put in the
cells; String or Pixmap.

--
-- Stephe