[gtkada] configuration files

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Mon May 27 10:09:21 CEST 2002

Stephen Leake wrote:

> I'm writing an application that needs to store some
> configuation info; a database connection name, user
> name, stuff like that.
>
> Is there a recommended package to use with Gtk?

I have not run into one yes, but there really should be one.
And I suspect that the proper implementation for MS-Windows
would use the "registry", where as it for Unix certainly
should use "dot files".

If you do not find a general package for this purpose, then
you can count me in as a volunteer to help deciding on a
package specification and to help implementing a Unix
version of the package.

Jacob
--
"There is a slight error in the exponent" - quantum vaacum
 mass is 10^35 times the total dark matter mass