[gtkada] undefined behaviour in File_Selector?

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Sun May 19 19:42:31 CEST 2002

I <xer-pil at terra.es> wrote on 19/05/2002 (14:37) :

> Hi all!
>
> When selecting nothing in the File_Selection_Dialog called in this way:
>
> Put_Line
> ~   ("|"
> ~    & File_Selection_Dialog(Title => "Abrir Base de Datos") &
> ~    "|");
>
> it shows:
> |/home/sergio/work/|

The code below is not complete you have to fill in the blanks, but it
should show how I would do it. You need to put it in a callback. If you
need more complete code let me know.

with GNAT.OS_Lib;

   -- Get the FileName

   Hide (File_Selection_Dialog);

   if GNAT.OS_Lib.Is_Directory (FileName) or
      not GNAT.OS_Lib.Is_Regular_File (FileName) then

      --  Tell user he has to choose a file
      Show (File_Selection_Dialog);
   else
      --  OK it is a file so do your stuff :-)

   end if;

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»