[gtkada] Need help overloading Show_All

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Mon May 13 19:23:45 CEST 2002

Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 13/05/2002 (18:35) :
> That's really an Ada (OO) question.
>
> >    procedure Show_All
> >       (Dialog : access Base_Dialog_Record'Class);
>
> You're defining a non dispatching procedure, you want a dispatching one:
>
>    procedure Show_All (Dialog : access Base_Dialog_Record);

Ah yes thanks! Sorry about it being a general question, but I wasn't
sure if it was something speical to GtkAda.

I got another problem now. If you could give me a clue on how to solve
this I'll be very glad and stop asking ;-) I'm trying to finish my code
now and this was one of the problems that was remaining.

   procedure Show_All
      (Dialog : access Base_Dialog_Record)
   is
   begin
      Gtk.Widget.Show_All (Gtk_Widget (Dialog));
      Gtk.Main.Main;
   end Show_All;

It will call this procedure recursively. How can I get it to call the
Show_All in Gtk.Widget?

Thanks very much in advance.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»