[gtkada] How does this look? (Help Dialog)

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Sat May 4 19:23:15 CEST 2002

Preben Randhol wrote:

> If you have some seconds perhaps you would like to have
> a glace at http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95/help/ I
> have made some mockups of a simple help dialog. I would
> like to keep it as simple as possible as it is only
> meant for to the point help. If you have any suggestions
> I would really like to hear them.

I would at least consider to order the fields kind of as you
find them in a book:

   Contents..: [choose top level section]
   Subsection: [choose at the subsection level]

   the chosen help text
   comes here

   Index: _enter_keyword_here_____ [Look it up]

And let repeated clicks on "Look it up" jump to the next
section, where the keyword occurs.

Another possibility is to have an expandable tree view of
the section and subsection titles to the left, the actual
help text to the right, and the index search function at the
bottom of the dialog.

Jacob
--
"Det er ikke livets hastighed jeg har noget imod.
 Det er den bratte afslutning til sidst." --  Stoffer