[gtkada] GtkAda 1.3.12 and Glade 0.5.9 parsing error

Stephen Leake stephen_leake at acm.org
Tue Mar 19 13:02:28 CET 2002

Christoph Grein <christoph.grein at eurocopter.com> writes:

> Hi Arno,
>
> following your advice, I've downloaded and installed GtkAda 1.3.12 on Win98 with
> Gnat 3.14p. I found two problems:
>
> 1. When I run Glade to write the Ada source code, I get the result
>
> Couldn't parse C:/Path_to_my_File/C:\Path_to_my_File\my_File.glade. Exiting.
>
> Note the doubled path in the message. I experimented a bit and found that
> `basename $1` in the script gate.sh does not work: It returns the full path and
> file, not just the basename. Thus the line
> 	file=`cd $dir; pwd`/`basename $1`
> leads to the weird result above.

This is a bug in cygwin. One solution is to switch to Linux. Another
is to rewrite gate.sh in Ada, so it doesn't have to rely on broken
shells. Another is to fix cygwin; it is open source!

I discovered you can generate the source code by running 'gate-in.exe'
by hand. You lose the round-trip editing if you do that, but you get
Ada code.

> 2. When I try to run testgtk.exe in the testgtk directory, I get the
> message:
>
> The file OPENGL32.DLL is linked to the missing Export-GDI32.DLL:GdiSwapBuffers.
>
> (Translated from German, so may be the corresponding English text is not exactly
> like this.)

I had a problem like this with a game once. The solution was to get a
newer version of OPENGL32.DLL. Supposedly you can get one from
Microsoft somewhere. I got one from one of the Ada GL binding sites; I
forget which one. Search on google in comp.lang.ada for OpenGL about a
year ago; you'll find it.

--
-- Stephe