[gtkada] gtkada.canvas signal problem

Steven Carpenter netbat at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 23 22:12:26 CEST 2002

I am having some problems figuring out how to use some of the signals in the
gtkada canvas in testgtk. I have the background_click signal working, but
the item_selected signal doesn't work. I am using Gtkada 1.3.12 and the
relevent code is:

package body create_canvas is
package canvas_cb is new Gtk.Handlers.Callback(Interactive_Canvas_Record);
procedure select_item(Canvas : Interactive_Canvas_Record'Class, Item :
Canvas_Item)...
Procuedure Run(Frame : access ...)
Canvas: Interactive_canvas;
begin
Canvas_Cb.Connect(Canvas, "item_selected",
Canvas_Cb.To_Marshaller(select_item'access));
end run;

on compiling I get the error message ~ handler expected, found access to
select_item or something like that.
I used the same format for the background_click signal and it works so I am
not sure what is wrong.
Thanks.

Steven Carpenter