[gtkada] Sizes of Objects? Manually Set?

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Thu Jun 6 12:15:10 CEST 2002

Jeremy Cowgar <develop at cowgar.com> wrote on 06/06/2002 (11:59) :
> Did you change anything else besides the State? On mine, the window
> would only resize so small, which was very large. But on your's all
> looks great!

I also split the table into two part by using a vbox. Look in the widget
tree dialog the glade has (under the View menu). You can see that the
tree is a bit different from yours. If you put all in a table then the
longest row will decides the size of all the other rows. Here it looked
natural to have a :

Vbox-|
   Vbox -|
         |- Table
         |- Notepad

instead of:

Vbox-|
     |- Table -|
               |- Rows
               |- Notepad

You see?

Another thing

if you have a lot of different widets that should be grouped together,
then add a Vbox or HBox or Frame etc.. in the bottom as it is much
easier to move the whole box/frame around that to have to move each
widget.

Preben
--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»