[gtkada] Anyone done/doing a text-widget?

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Tue Jun 4 16:11:50 CEST 2002

I'm looking for a replacement for the Gtk_Text widget. I use the
Gtk_Text only to show some text and therefore I don't need edit
capabilities. What I would like is some markup (bold, italic, colours)
and hyperlink. So what I'm after is something like a light light HTML
viewer widget. Although I don't want to use HMTL, but XML.

What I want to use it for is a lightweight help dialog. I know I can
just have the program call some external viewer, but in many cases you
need only too give the user some hints/tips/tiny explanations. Therefore
it is nice to be able to link your program with something that is very
easy to connect help buttons to.

I currently have a working version of a simple help dialog. The problem
is that I need to figure out how to add support for other language
before I can release the dialog. At the moment I don't use XML so I'll
build a XML version later.

A screenshot can be found here :
   http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95/help/

So I'm only wondering if somebody is doing something like this and wants
to share code?

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»