[gtkada] RPM?

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Tue Jun 4 10:18:31 CEST 2002

> Is thier gonna be a RPM for v. 2.0.0 ? I have difficulties compiling it:
>
> gtk.ads:47:09: package "Gtk" does not allow a body
> gtk.ads:47:09: remove incorrect body in file "gtk.adb"
> gnatmake: "../gtk.ads" compilation error
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/jeremy/downloads/development/ada95/GtkAda.cvs/src'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Sounds like you didn't follow closely enough the instructions given in the
INSTALL file that starts with

<<
If you have a previous version of GtkAda on your system, we recommend that
you remove it using the following command:

   $ rm -rf <prefix>/include/gtkada

where <prefix> is the prefix you used to configure GtkAda the first time.
The default prefix is /usr/local. If you don't have the rights to remove
these files, then you should at least make sure that your ADA_INCLUDE_PATH
and your ADA_OBJECTS_PATH don't include this directory before building GtkAda.

Whoever wrote these instructions, sounds like good advice to me ;-)

Arno