[gtkada] Update CTree contents and horizontal scrollbars

Emmanuel Briot briot at ACT-Europe.FR
Mon Jul 22 15:22:23 CEST 2002

"Marc A. Criley" <mcq95 at earthlink.net> writes:

> The problem didn't have anything to do with scrollbars, adjustments, or
> changing the node text.  What I had been doing was adding the CTree control
> to a Viewport, then adding that to the Scrolled_Window.  I happened to spot
> a comment in the Scrolled_Window docs that said that you didn't need to use
> a Viewport when adding a control that managed its own scrolling, like a
> CList, to a Scrolled_Window.  Well, CTree is derived from CList, so I dumped
> the Viewport and added the CTree directly into the window.

It is actually surprising that you didn't get any warning from gtk+ when
running your program, but I guess these warning only happen when you do not use
a Viewport and you should, not when you use an extra one.

Thanks for the report, I'll update the documentation accordingly.