[gtkada] A list of rows of widgets

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Tue Jan 22 14:34:26 CET 2002

"Marc A. Criley" <marccriley at earthlink.net> wrote on 22/01/2002 (13:56) :
> I'm converting a GUI from JDK to GtkAda and I'm looking for some
> suggestions on how to implement a specific construct.
>
> What I have is your basic list of rows, and each row consists of a label, a
> couple checkboxes, and some combo boxes.
>
> >From scanning the Gtk(Ada) documentation, I haven't stumbled across
> anything that indicates how (or if) it's possible to use widgets as cells.
> I can take another approach based on cell selection, but I'm checking first
> to see if the original's look&feel can be maintained.

As fas as I know you can do this with gtk-extra which gtkada has
bindings too in Gtk.Extra. See the screenshots on the GtkAda page and
http://gtkextra.sourceforge.net/mainpage.html. I do not think you
currently can put widgets in rows of a Clist or other, but I'm not sure
about this.

Preben
--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»